Helping families cope
Your children may need you more than ever as they experience quarantine, so it'll help you feel calm and positive if you have the information you need.
Documents and links below offer advice about how to look after yourself and therefore your family during lockdown.
Looking after your finances
Information about coronavirus and claiming benefits.
Includes information on eviction, problems paying rent, mortgage arrears and repossession.
Other financial advice
General advice and links from MoneySavingsExpert.com
Looking after your wellbeing
Looking after your children's wellbeing
- NHS East Berkshire #coping guide - Coping family life during the lockdown.pdf
- A collection of resources for support during coronavirus.pdf covering:
- Talking to children about coronavirus
- Support resources for parents/carers
- Online media and news suitable for children and young people
- Explaining coronavirus
- Information more suitable for older children
- Help for children and young people
- Bereavement and grief
- See our school pages on Helping Kids Cope
Looking out for others
We've had enquiries about what our families can do to help others. Healthwatch Bracknell Forest and Involve are working together to co-ordinate COVID-19 Community Response Volunteers and also to register volunteers for longer-term support. Find out how you can help at: https://www.healthwatchbracknellforest.co.uk/want-help-your-community-during-covid-19-situation
There are also various informal local Facebook groups offering support, help with shopping, etc.
- No Panic Helpline for young people and adults with anxiety:
- 0330 6061174 (Young people)
- 0844 9674848 (Adults)
- Mind for mental health advice - 0844 4484448 https://www.mind.org.uk/
- Young Minds for mental health support - https://youngminds.org.uk/
- The Mix counselling support for under 25s - https://www.themix.org.uk/
- Bracknell Foodbank - https://bracknell.foodbank.org.uk/
- Citizens Advice - 0344 11 306111
- Youthline counselling service coronavirus information leaflet