Helping families cope
Your children may need you more than ever as they experience quarantine, so it'll help you feel calm and positive if you have the information you need.
Documents and links below offer advice about how to look after yourself and therefore your family during lockdown.
Looking after your finances
Information about coronavirus and claiming benefits.
Includes information on eviction, problems paying rent, mortgage arrears and repossession.
Other financial advice
General advice and links from MoneySavingsExpert.com
Looking after your wellbeing
Looking after your children's wellbeing
- NHS East Berkshire #coping guide - Coping family life during the lockdown.pdf
- A collection of resources for support during coronavirus.pdf covering:
- Talking to children about coronavirus
- Support resources for parents/carers
- Online media and news suitable for children and young people
- Explaining coronavirus
- Information more suitable for older children
- Help for children and young people
- Bereavement and grief
- See our school pages on Helping Kids Cope
Worried about your child?
Parent / Carer Telephone Consultation Sessions are for parents / carers of Bracknell Forest children and young people (0-25) to share and explore any concerns or issues, with an Educational Psychologist (EP). It is a stand-alone session, so this means that there is no follow-up beyond the 30 minute telephone consultation. The aim of this session is to provide parents / carers with an opportunity to discuss concerns and collectively think through how to move forward with the situation.
The sessions are completely free (no cost)
- Priority will be given to those who have not accessed a previous EP Telephone Consultation Session on a first come, first served basis.
- This is a consultation session for parents / carers only.
- A record of consultation that outlines the key discussion points and outcomes will be completed following the session. This record will be sent to the parent / carer and also stored by Bracknell Forest EPS
To book a parent / carer phone consultation with an EP, please complete the following table and send to EPService (Educational.Psychology-Service2@bracknell-forest.gov.uk) – please write ‘PCEPX’ in the email subject line to indicate it is a parent consultation booking request.
Looking out for others
We've had enquiries about what our families can do to help others. Healthwatch Bracknell Forest and Involve are working together to co-ordinate COVID-19 Community Response Volunteers and also to register volunteers for longer-term support. Find out how you can help at: https://www.healthwatchbracknellforest.co.uk/want-help-your-community-during-covid-19-situation
There are also various informal local Facebook groups offering support, help with shopping, etc.
- No Panic Helpline for young people and adults with anxiety:
- 0330 6061174 (Young people)
- 0844 9674848 (Adults)
- Mind for mental health advice - 0844 4484448 https://www.mind.org.uk/
- Young Minds for mental health support - https://youngminds.org.uk/
- The Mix counselling support for under 25s - https://www.themix.org.uk/
- Bracknell Foodbank - https://bracknell.foodbank.org.uk/
- Citizens Advice - 0344 11 306111
- Youthline counselling service coronavirus information leaflet