Helping families cope
Your children may need you more than ever as they experience lock down, so it'll help you feel calm and positive if you have the information you need.
Documents and links below offer advice about how to look after yourself and therefore your family during lockdown.
Are you or someone you know experiencing a crisis and need urgent mental health support? Call 111 or visit www.111.nhs.uk and speak to the NHS Mental Health Triage Service.
Looking after your wellbeing
Many people are struggling to maintain their mental wellbeing during the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. Find out how you can look after your wellbeing at the Mind website:
NHS top tips quiz
Get a plan which is tailored to your needs:
Includes practical tips and videos from experts on dealing with stress and anxiety, boosting your mood, sleeping better and what you can do to help others – including advice for parents and for children and young people.
Looking after your children's wellbeing
- NHS East Berkshire #coping guide - Coping family life during the lockdown.pdf
- A collection of resources for support during coronavirus.pdf covering:
- Talking to children about coronavirus
- Support resources for parents/carers
- Online media and news suitable for children and young people
- Explaining coronavirus
- Information more suitable for older children
- Help for children and young people
- Bereavement and grief
- See our school pages on Helping Kids Cope
Looking after your finances
Information about coronavirus and claiming benefits.
Includes information on eviction, problems paying rent, mortgage arrears and repossession.
Other financial advice
General advice and links from MoneySavingsExpert.com
Looking out for others
We've had enquiries about what our families can do to help others. Healthwatch Bracknell Forest and Involve are working together to co-ordinate COVID-19 Community Response Volunteers and also to register volunteers for longer-term support. Find out how you can help at: https://www.healthwatchbracknellforest.co.uk/want-help-your-community-during-covid-19-situation
There are also various informal local Facebook groups offering support, help with shopping, etc.
- No Panic Helpline for young people and adults with anxiety:
- 0330 6061174 (Young people)
- 0844 9674848 (Adults)
- Mind for mental health advice - 0844 4484448 https://www.mind.org.uk/
- Young Minds for mental health support - https://youngminds.org.uk/
- The Mix counselling support for under 25s - https://www.themix.org.uk/
- Bracknell Foodbank - https://bracknell.foodbank.org.uk/
- Citizens Advice - 0344 11 306111
- Youthline counselling service coronavirus information leaflet